Monday, September 25, 2006

Renier: 'I'm poor,' lets tax the rich

After saying her opponent is going to be rich from the state pension system, Democratic congressional candidate Sharon Renier is broke.
""I took in pop cans and beer bottles yesterday to get gas," Renier told the Battle Creek Enquirer for a story today. "I'm poor. I'm very poor. But it doesn't mean I'm not smart."
Renier, a paralegal and organic farmer from Munith in Jackson County, recently said her Republican opponent, Tim Walberg, will reap "millions" from the his state lawmaker pension.
Now, she is coming out swinging against the rich, calling for more taxes on the wealthiest Americans. Or maybe just a repeal of the Bush tax cuts.
"Anybody that makes $20,000 dollars or less," Renier told the Enquirer's Andy Rathbun for a single-source story. "I would like to see them have no taxes taken away from their check."

Renier also said Walberg, who was not quoted in the story, created "blatant lies" about U.S. Rep. Joe Schwarz to win the Aug. 8 primary.
"I think that this man needs to have his mouth washed out with soap by his mother," Renier said about Walberg.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the print version of the stories on the candidates, Walberg claims he is on the board of the Adrian Symphony. I did not recall seeing his name in the last program I saw. So, I checked the website and they do not list him. Then, I checked some other things he claims. The article says he is involved in the Lenawee Chamber, but he is not listed as one of their members either.

I also thought he was retired from the Bible Institute in Chicago, but he claims he is working for them in this article.

Reminds me of that coach at Notre Dame who lasted about two weeks because he got caught padding his resume. I guess these are just little white lies, but they bother me.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd, is she being a stupid Democrat or what?

Playing poor is a terrible campaign strategy. I don't want someone who isn't smart enough to make a living to be making decisions for me in Congress, nor do I want the ideologue Walberg, who can't tell the truth and is morally corrupt.

Renier has a golden opportunity to defeat a right-wing baffoon and she still plays stupid! I was hoping for a smart campaign from her, with substance, but it doesn't look like it will materialize.

Looks like the Democrats are still wandering the desert with worn out cliches and class warfare anthems.

Get a clue Sharon, you can win this thing if you are smart enough to not buy into the fringe left-psycho babble.

We really blew it by losing Schwarz. We are going regret that for several years now.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Pray tell me what is a campaign strategy for a candidate? Should she follow the democrat party line? Should she seek PAC backing by pretending to adopt some esoteric group's blatherings?

I know Sharon Renier and what you see and hear is what you get. She is not pretentious, considers herself an average citizen who has been an organic farmer for several years and who believes that this congressional district can do better than to elect a religious conservative who is determined to add his candidacy to the other clamoring bigots seeking a seat in the House of Representatives.

Sharon will work to make our nation strong, to assist in planning for the safety of all our citizens, to support the effort to extricate this nation from the Iraq war, to seek equal taxes from all of our citizens and that includes the large corporations who seem to be able to avoid paying taxes.

She knows she will be only one of 435 representatives and that for her to effectively represent the 7th Congressional District of Michigan, she must work not only with her party but with other congresspersons to formulate and pass legislation that will make our country and its citizens safer, healthier, and proud of their country and its legislature.

Jim

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been a Republican my entire life. I normally just check the "Straight ticket" option at the top of the ballot, but this time, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I voted for Dick DeVos, Mike Bouchard and Sharon Renier.
Having a democrat represent me in Congress is scary, but not as scary as Tim Walberg.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be advised that Mike Bouchard is now a Club for Growth candidate is is being funded by this austere group of small-thinkers.

Vote for him at your own peril.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?